Founded by Doug and Jimmy Edwards in 2007, their new grounding developed from being previous owners and operators of the scrap metal recycling company, S.B.Wheelers. Leaving Wheelers behind, Doug and Jimmy made new waves, using their experience and expertise they decided to create a new company with new opportunities.
They established their business on a site near to the A12, enabling better access and room for growth. Following their development and highest standard of service they expanded into Cambridge in 2008 and have a network of vehicles to enable the nationwide service that continues to expand into the future.
Under the Scrap Metal Dealer Act
1) The local authority need to know:
- Our company name
- Our company registered office address
- Our local site trading address
- That we deal as a corporate body i.e. a company
2) You must record the following details on all purchase tickets:
- Description and weight of the scrap received
- Date and time of receiving the goods
- Full name and address of the supplier who is bringing in the metal
- Full name and address of the customer who has collected the metal
- The price paid (or estimate of the price to be paid) for the scrap
- The registration of the vehicle delivering or collecting the scrap
Site managers hold and maintain a copy of the SMDA registration certificate.
Protecting Local Communities & Tackling Metal Theft
In light of recent, serious incidents of local theft, we are putting the following additional internal checks into place:
- Foot traffic and taxis are not allowed onto the premises and should be turned away
- If a customer or supplier is not known and/or we have any suspicion as to the origin of the goods, we will ask for identification (for example a business card or driving licence) and for details of the source of the material
- If appropriate identification cannot be produced, you will be turned away and asked to return with suitable identification
- We DO NOT accept branded cable (for example BT or Network Rail), or any beer kegs, unless in accordance with established internal policy and procedures for such material
- If we believe goods may be stolen, you will be turned away and we will contact the local Police Community Beat Officer
None of these additional steps are intended to discourage our traditional and repeat customers, or to adversely impact on business. However, we have to act legally and protect our business reputation. It is not in our interests or the community in which we operate, to encourage those who have acted criminally.